Moondog Labs + iPhone 12
Always plenty of excitement around an Apple event, and the iPhone 12 announcement on October 13 is no exception. Apple is calling its iPhone 12 Pro the photographer's iPhone. With the following specs, it's easy to see why:
- Ultra Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Wide: ƒ/1.6 aperture
- Telephoto: ƒ/2.0 aperture (ƒ2.2 on ProMax)
- 2x optical zoom in (2.5x on Pro Max),2x optical zoom out; 4x optical zoom range (5x on Pro Max) Digital zoom up to 10x
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High‑Key Mono)
Filmmakers will also have an incredible new tool in their pockets as the video recording capabilities are outstanding as well:
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
- HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 60 fps
- Sensor-shift optical image stabilization for video
What does this all mean for Moondog Labs gear?
Most likely, it means you'll be able to capture even higher quality footage with your Moondog Labs anamorphic lens when paired with the iPhone 12.
However, as professional optical engineers, we don't solely rely on online specs to determine the functional quality of an iPhone and lens pairing. So until we have an iPhone 12 in-house and have physically placed our lens in front of that iPhone 12 lens and performed a thorough optics examination, we do not give a definitive compatibility confirmation.
Bookmark this page, because as soon as we have an iPhone 12 for testing this will be the first place we deliver the results.
Thanks for your patience as we continue Taking Mobile Further.