Moondog Labs is proudly once again supporting MINA. Now in its 10th edition, the Mobile Innovation Network and Association, will present a public screening of smartphone, mobile and pocket films in China (13-15 November 2021), New Zealand and Australia (via Urban Screen TV).
MINA is the longest running film festival dedicated to celebrating mobile and smartphone film-making internationally. MINA creates connections between filmmakers, communities and the creative industries.
The #MINA2021 International Mobile Innovation Screening will showcase short films (8 min maximum duration) produced on and with smartphones, mobile and pocket cameras.
In the last ten years MINA featured new developments in narrative and non-narrative explorations, in documentary, experimental and abstract film-making. In 2017 MINA successfully introduced drone and in 2018 Cinematic VR productions as part of the screening program. Mobile AR, mobile VR and drone project videos can include project showcases and documentation (maximum duration 4min).
In 2021 MINA will present
- an open call for mobile, smartphone and pocket films
- New Voices : Next Gen smartphone filmmakers - a category for young and emerging filmmakers (including students)
- Mobile Cinematic VR & 360° Video Production: The Future is Now - a category for Cinematic VR and 360° Video Production
- MoJo, Mobile Storytelling, micro-movies & micro-formats - a category for live streaming, mobile social media apps, drones and other pocket cameras (such as GoPro) & mobile devices
- #EcoSmartphoneFilms, focus on Ecology
- Containing COVID-19
December 1, 2020
Early bird Deadline
May 1, 2021
November 12-14, 2021